The primary purpose of this position is to fulfill our Member’s First Pledge of Valued Relationships, Trusted Solutions. To live out the pledge the position must deliver high quality service to both internal and external members.
The Senior Application Developer’s role includes the ability to strategically design, develop and implement software and systems, integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out solutions to end users. The Senior Application Developer is also responsible for ensuring high levels of availability through support functions and in-depth testing of all supported and developed applications. The Senior Application Developer will also be a key member of the BI team in all aspects of data management. Including integration, structure, analysis, reporting, and support of all things data.
Departmental Expectation of Employee
- Adheres to Financial Center’s Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside Financial Center
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long term objectives
- Maintain the Help Desk service level agreements that are in place and establish problem resolution and the expectations within the timeframes
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI and FCFCU Platform development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Work with Strategic Development to provide necessary data and reporting in a consistent, reliable state.
- Design, develop, and deploy any and all new features and software defect fixes for all FCFCU custom software.
- Follow the FCFCU SDLC when deploying new software.
- Follow the FCFCU Coding Standards while writing new software.
- Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to all members of the development team.
- Work with all support staff either onsite or via remote tools
- Maintain knowledge of approaches and products used by the CU to facilitate staff data requirements
- Assist the MIS Department staff with installation and testing of products and services as related to assigned duties
- Maintain technical proficiency in all products/services used
- Understand all network products/services available for company use with enough depth so they can be applied properly to support company needs effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinates joint efforts with the entire MIS staff where their areas of responsibility overlap
- Must effectively recognize, analyze, and generate alternative solutions to problems. The Pros and Cons of alternative solutions must be weighed and the most appropriate solution implemented
- Also required to prepare documentation as related to the overall development lifecycle (i.e. Application Architecture Maps, Change Control Documentation, Compliance Reviews, Regression Testing, Security, Software Development Life Cycles and any and all requested documentation as requested)
- Responsible for assisting or coordinating installation of new or updated products/services including patches as they relate to Operating Systems, Applications, hardware, etc.
- Maintain a plan of action of activities to be done to improve overall performance or utilization of the products/services installed, or of those recommended
- Recommend use or acquisition of specific products and services. Provide assistance and training to others on the use of the products/services installed
- Provide utilization and problem statistics on the products/services installed
- Must be able to maintain a high level of security in performing the duties included within this job description. This includes possessing the ability to ensure password confidentiality and the ability to responsibly access and alter only those files and programs that are necessary to performing daily duties.
- Must possess communication skills and have the ability to effectively train, develop, monitor, motivate, and operate in a team environment, as well as, plan/schedule activities.
- Provide primary or secondary support for various systems and software to include, but not limited to, DataSafe Navigator and associated systems.
- Willing to accept all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years direct work experience.
- Demonstrated and documented ability with C#. Including: web applications, web APIs, authentication, logging, caching, dependency injection, and asynchronous programming.
- Demonstrated and documented ability with SQL. Should be comfortable with stored procedures, all types of joins, indexing, performance concerns, and versionin
- Financial Institution reporting and business intelligence experience required.
- Proven experience in SDLC methodologies and practices. Including unit testing, managing source code, source code branching, source code merging, packaging releases, and working with Continuous Integration tools (Teamcity, Circle CI, etc..).
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) a plus.
- BI experience with either Crystal Reports, or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus.
- Experience with mobile development (ReactJs, iOS, Android) a plus.
- Proven experience with Docker or other containerization practices a plus.
- Working experience with AWS (ec2, S3, Lambda, etc…) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability with Git and Github.
- Experience with .NET core a plus.
- Experience with data warehouse analysis and design, reporting, and data modeling.
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as MS SQL Server, Crystal, SAP, SCM, Ensemble, Cache, Intersystems Products.
- Expertise in Business Objects tools, such as Scheduler, Designer, Data Integrator, and BO Universe design a plus.
- Demonstrated ability with MS Windows, UNIX, AIX, and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft and/or Intersystems ETL tools beneficial.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build applications according to specifications.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience.
- Experience with database design applications.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Microsoft, Linux, OpenVMS beneficial.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- On-call availability when necessary – Not 24/7.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Some travel may be required.
The work is performed in a general office environment and requires physical mobility within a restricted computer room, sitting for extended period of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move equipment weighing up to thirty pounds. The work requires dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Some travel may be required to the outlying branches or off-site facilities for training or testing of new products/services.
Must be able to work additional hours as required.
To apply for this position please visit our careers page via the link below.
Financial Center First Credit Union
7101 East 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN, 46226
Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
Job opportunities listed on this site are in a credit union or related organization. If you are interested in a posted job, respond directly using the information provided. If you have questions, contact Lynley Chapin at the Indiana Credit Union League at (317) 594-5300 or (800) 285-5300. The Indiana Credit Union League acts as a clearinghouse for this listing and cannot assume responsibility for the validity of the descriptio